Applying to be an international student in Saanich Schools is a simple process. All international student applications for Saanich Schools are submitted online through the True North application portal. Ensure that you collect all required documents and explore the SISP website before beginning your application.
The personal information collected in the True North application portal is collected for the purpose of assessing your candidacy as a student at Saanich International Student Program. Questions about collection or use of this information can be directed to Spencer Gray, Principal of Saanich International Student Program at firstname.lastname@example.org, 10640 McDonald Park Rd. Sidney, BC. V8L5S7. 250-655-2720
Important Registration Dates
February 1, 2023 - CLOSED
September 1, 2023 - OPEN
February 1, 2024 - OPEN
Required Documents & Information
- Student Legal Agreement: Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and the student must sign the student legal agreement.
- Transcripts or Report Cards: Provide your report card (transcript) for the last two years, ideally translated into English. It must be a PDF file and 5 MB or less.
- Course Request Form: A complete course request form assist SISP place you in appropriate classes. It is a course "request" form so not a guarantee that you will receive the exact courses "requested". If you require a course, be sure to write the word "Required" beside the course name.
- Passport: Scan the passport photo page of your passport. This allows us to double-check the applicant’s information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Photo albums: A minimum of 3 photos uploaded as a single PDF. Photos should highlight who you are and what you like to do. Student photo albums are shared with homestay families before you arrive.
- Immunization Record: Proof of immunization is required for admission to SISP. Upload a copy as a PDF file and ensure you enter each type of vaccination in the immunization section of the online True North application.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate: Proof of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine is required for admission to SISP.
*From time to time, SISP will accept students in private homestay arrangements. A notarized custodial declaration (CD) (page 1 in Canada, page 2 in the applicants home country) is required before an application is approved. The notarized CD can be uploaded into your True North application.
The custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and living full time in the Greater Victoria area. If student is under 13 years of age, they must live with at least one natural parent/guardian to attend SISP.
- Recommendation Letter: A recommendation letter from a teacher, coach or administrator at your school is helpful when assessing applications.
- Academy Application Forms: If you have already corresponded with a SISP staff member about a Saanich Schools academy, you will likely already have an academy PDF application to complete and upload as part of your True North online application.